Saturday, October 19, 2013

Because sometimes you just need to write

Friends, family, fellow bloggers, new readers - WARNING, I have no idea what this post will be about :)

Sometimes I just want to write. This is more than 1/2 of the reason that I started this blog. Contrary to popular belief I have not always been social. There was definitely a time in my childhood and early adolescence that I was shy. (quiet down all you laughers, I know it is hard to believe now) Writing has always made me feel more at peace and been a great recourse for my emotions. I wouldn't say that I am a highly emotional person, but I have my moments. My biggest issue is that I tend to hold everything in, so when something minimal happens it might be my last straw, IE. an episode of   "Parenthood" that makes me cry for 2 hours. (Side note: Bless Ian, he really is a great man) Anyway, my point is that sometimes I just need to write things down because it gives me a way to free all of this information in my mind.

Are any of you ever amazed when a man (or I guess another women) tells you that they are literally thinking about nothing? This NEVER happens to me (with the exception of sex), I mean really nothing? I have a hard time keeping it to just a few things most of the time. I do realize that I have a strange inability to just do nothing. My entire adult life has been full of doing things at 100% all of the time; work, kids, school (mine and theirs), parenting, after school events, karate, art classes, relationships, friends, family.... this list never ends. But there is something in me that just can't stop. I mean for God sake I have raised two children, (nearly on my own, thank you Ian... again) graduated from college, maintained a full time job and for some reason I always feel like I need to do more. When I went back for my Masters Ian made me promise that after this I would find a hobby. HA HA HA HA HA. I am pretty sure that is because my education addiction will cost us roughly $100,000 when said and done but he is right. I do need to find a hobby, I mean what am I going to do with all of these degrees? Blogging is definitely a hobby and thanks to all of you, this blog had 300+ page views last month!!!! But I will definitely need something else as well, or I will drive you all insane.

I'm seriously thinking about the guitar, thoughts? If you think I should try something else let me know, I'd love to hear from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment