Sunday, July 6, 2014

Ireland

I have owed you all this post for about a month so forgive me!

We left for Ireland on May 23rd and I was in no way prepared for the way the next 14 days would change my life.

The flight was about 10 hours long but we flew overnight and I was able to sleep well enough that when we landed in Dublin I was ready to go! We picked up our rental car which was quite the adventure in itself (driving on the other side of the car and the other side of the road proved to be challenging!) We headed off to our first B & B to change and clean up and then we hit the town. We went 110% every single day we were there. We ate soo much food, drank a lot of amazing beer and whiskey and soaked in as much culture and beauty as humanly possible, which was a lot because the sun rises at 4:30 AM and goes down at 11 PM!

We drove around the entire southern half of the country staying in a new county almost every night. Ireland is so unique and every little nook and crannie has something to offer from castles to caves, pubs to live music, shopping and coffee and tea shops to beautiful hikes and trails. We started and ended our stay in Dublin but my favorite part of the entire trip was the west coast. There were ocean views like nothing I can even begin to explain.

One afternoon on the side of a cliff, near the Cliffs of Moher Ian asked me to marry him and I was blown away! We have always talked about our future together but I had no idea he had been planning to propose on our trip. We will always have a special place in our hearts for this amazing country :)

We ended our trip with a quick flight to the Isle of Man so that Ian could see one of his favorite races the TT. It was a cold day but his face lit up and made the rain and cold worth every moment.

Now I know you all want nothing more then to see some long overdue pictures so here are my top 101 faves!

Let me know which one is your favorite!

Irish Magic Awaits You!

No comments:

Post a Comment